Book Review | Love Letters by Katie Fforde

Hey Everyone,

How are you?



With the bookshop where she works about to close, hopeless romantic Laura Horsley, in a moment of uncharacteristic recklessness, finds herself agreeing to help organise a literary festival deep in the heart of the English countryside. But her initial excitement is rapidly followed by a mounting sense of panic when reality sinks in and she realises just how much work is involved - especially when an innocent mistake leads the festival committee to mistakenly believe that Laura is a personal friend of the author at the top of their wish-list. Laura might have been secretly infatuated with the infamous Dermot Flynn ever since she studied him at university, but travelling to Ireland to persuade the notorious recluse to come out of hiding is another matter. 

Determined to rise to the challenge she sets off to meet her literary hero. But all too soon she's confronted with more than she bargained for - Dermot. The man is maddening, temperamental and up to his ears in a nasty case of writer's block. But he's also infuriatingly attractive - and, apparently, out to add Laura to his list of conquests ...


Published: January 2009
Published Edition: March 2010
Publishers: Arrow
Genre: Chick Lit, Fiction, Romance

Pages: 461

Form of Reading: Paperback

Goodreads Star Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Review

This was a re-read for me and I really enjoyed reading this a second time. I read this years ago and I had been wanting to pick it up again recently.

This is a really good book about festivals and meeting your icons. Laura admired Dermot Flynn back when she was in university and to meet him in Ireland, persuading him to take part of the literary festival. I liked that this book centred on books and about literary festivals, it made me interested in attending them. Although I haven't looked into it and I probably have lost the opportunity to go.

I liked the relationship between Dermot and Laura, while they both have genuine feelings for one another but they work really well as a team. I liked how Laura is so baffled by his stubborn and rude behaviour that she doesn't care much about it and does it in the hope he will take part in the festival. It's very much straightforward that they want to sleep together but Laura has many insecurities when it comes to falling in love, like many other book lovers who want to be swooped off their feet but a knight and shining armour. And instead, she has gotten Famous Irish Author Dermot Flynn who has writer's block and prefers to stay in his Irish hovel. I like Dermot, he is very funny and he is very passionate about writing.

I really enjoyed this book, a lot of laughs and cheesy lovey dovey moments, I highly recommend Katie Fforde to anyone who is interested in chick lit.

I hope you are having a lovely day 

XX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Time To Open New Doors + Book Haul

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)