Exodus '95 by Kfir Luzzatto | Book Review

Hey Everyone,



Exodus '95 by Kfir Luzzatto

Claire, a young graphic designer, learns a secret that her dying New York neighbour has kept for twenty years: the whereabouts of Moses’ Biblical staff.

Claire needs the help of an Israeli engineer and the money of a Russian oligarch to recover the staff before her body betrays her. But first, she needs to stay alive in a race with fanatics, who will do anything to keep the staff from coming to light.

Then the LORD said to Moses: Raise your staff and stretch out your hand over the sea to divide the water so that the Israelites can go through the sea on dry ground.


Published: May 1st, 2017
Publishers: PINE TEN

Form of Reading: Kindle

Pages: 309

Goodreads Star Rating: ⭐⭐⭐

Review

I received an email in the middle of March by Luzzatto requesting me to read his new published book. From reading the blurb I was expecting the book to focus on the look for the staff and giving it a backstory for readers who don't know anything about it.I originally thought it would be like Indiana Jones or something like Ben Hope from Scott Mariani but I was disappointed with what I read.

This book is trying to keep you on your toes with the constant disbelief over who to trust. lies and deceit is a constant theme in this book and it was used so many times that I was even fed up with it. It's  very difficult to describe this book without revealing anything about it but it's also difficult because it wasn't clear about what was happening in this book. It felt a little rushed in places and I was completely lost at some points while reading it.

I felt the relationship between Dan and Claire was rushed especially during the situation that was occurring.

There are some moments in the book that I enjoyed but there are some bits in the book that I didn't like, it's like Marmite either I love it or hate and right now I am both.

Hope you are having a lovely day 

See you soon

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)

Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford.