Book Review | Howl, Kaddish and Other Poems by Allen Ginsberg

Hey Everyone,


Howl, Kaddish and Other Poems by Allen Ginsberg

Published: 1956
Published Edition: February 2009
Publishers: Penguin Classic

Form of Reading: Paperback

Pages: 118

Goodreads Star Rating:⭐⭐⭐⭐

Review

I picked up this book because it was in connection to Gilmore Girls, it was the first book where Rory and Jess both discovered that they love reading it. I basically bought it because of that and I had no idea who Allen Ginsberg was before I read the book.

This book is powerful and heartfelt, it tackles with society through the eyes of Ginsberg. There are a relation to politics and homophobia during the 50s, each of Ginsberg's poems is telling a story whether if it's about his family or about certain people he has crossed paths. His work is strong and honest which I can now understand why people love his work.

I enjoyed reading Howl, America and The End.

Favourite Quotes

“America when will we end the human war?
Go fuck yourself with your atom bomb”


“I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked... who wandered around and around at midnight in the railroad yard wondering where to go, and went, leaving no broken hearts...” 

“The weight of the world       is love. Under the burden       of solitude, under the burde       of dissatisfaction    the weight, the weight we carry       is love.” 

I hope you are having a lovely day 

XX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Time To Open New Doors + Book Haul

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)