Book Haul No. 22 (I think I broke my debit card)

Hey Everyone,

Well, I bought a bit too much this month.

I seemed to have spent more money in March than I had in January and February combined. But my excuse for buying this much is that I have a habit that can't be controlled, sorry.



I always try to contain my purchases because I worry about when I get to the other books that I have bought in the last couple of months. I think I might've mentioned before that I think I have bought more books than reading them last year and I am worried that I might repeat it for the second time. I might consider a book buying ban, I honestly got most of these books because I was mostly curious about the plot or I have read other books by the Author and that I have been interested to read. I don't want to go "cold turkey" when it comes to purchases but maybe cutting it down to possibly five books a month.


Book Purchases





The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare

I know what you are going to say "But wait, Steph, Don't you already have City of Bones on your Kindle? I thought you said that you weren't going to bother getting the books." Yes, Yes, Yes, I do have it on Kindle but I got the entire series for £10. £10!!! The entire boxset itself is £40 and a bookshop in town was selling it for a cheaper price. If they had the Infernal Devices series for £10, I wouldn't mind picking that up as well.

Dracula by Bram Stoker

A couple of years ago I picked the book from the school Library and I don't remember what happened or where I left off. I want to try and read this book a second time and hopefully remember it.

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

I tried to read Frankenstein when I was in Thailand two years ago but I struggled in the first couple of chapters. One of the girls said that it was good but I wasn't feeling it and DNFed it.

North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell

I watched the mini-series with Richard Artimage years ago and I had no clue that it was a book. It's been a long time since I have watched it so I am interested in reading it even though I partially remember the plot. One of the employees of Waterstones told me it is a fantastic book and says that the last line in the book is perfect, I am currently reading it so I am looking forward to that.

Dark Tales by Shirley Jackson

The Lottery and Other Stories by Shirley Jackson (Not Pictured)

I seemed to have an auto buy purchase for Shirley Jackson. Both of these books are collections of Shirley Jackson's short stories although I have no idea if there are going to be any similar short stories in both books. By the time this blog post is uploaded my copy of The Lottery would have arrived.





I know who Inspecter Morse is because my dad has the entire TV series boxset in the living room. And I picked this book up because of the half price offer at Waterstones. I enjoy a good British cop/murder mystery show so I am interested in reading this book.



I have read a couple of book by Lynda la Plante a couple of years ago and I was unaware of her Tennison/Prime Suspect series as well to the fact of the TV show which stars Helen Mirren. I am currently reading Tennison right now because I have been watching the TV series and I am really enjoying it. I like how it is a female police officer who battles her day with many sexist comments by the male detectives.






The most beautiful book that I have ever seen. I have been wanting to pick this book up since the minute I heard Laini was writing a new one. It is such a beautiful hardback book and I especially love the signature left in there. (Check my Instagram if you want to see the signed page)


I saw this is Waterstones and was surprised that there are books based off the TV show. I love the DCTV Universe and I am excited to pick this book up.


This is another author that I have been unsure of picking up. I have seen this book and the rest of the series for the last couple of years and I never considered picking it up. I have really been interested in Historical Fiction and I am currently reading it right now, and so far I am enjoying it.


For the last couple of months I have been wanting to write a book or write something and when I saw this, I thought why not get my inspiration from one of the most successful Authors right now. This is a memoir of how it helped him write his books and maybe it would help me write something.

Requested Book Review


Exodus '95 by Kfir Luzzatto

I got an email a couple of weeks ago by the Author requesting if I would be interested in reading his new book which I said Yes.

I have already read the book and I will be writing a full book review when the book officially comes out which is May 1st.

And that concludes my book haul.

It is a lot of books this month and I am genuinely excited to pick them up.
Hope you are having a lovely day
See you soon
XX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)

Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford.