A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole | Book Review

Hey Everyone,


A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole

A mythic warrior who'll stop at nothing to possess her . . .

After enduring years of torture from the vampire horde, Lachlain MacRieve, leader of the Lykae Clan, is enraged to find the predestined mate he's waited millennia for is a vampire. Or partly one. This Emmaline is a small, ethereal half Valkyrie/half vampire, who somehow begins to soothe the fury burning within him. A vampire captured by her wildest fantasy . . .

Sheltered Emmaline Troy finally sets out to uncover the truth about her deceased parents -- until a powerful Lykae claims her as his mate and forces her back to his ancestral Scottish castle. There, her fear of the Lykae -- and their notorious dark desires -- ebbs as he begins a slow, wicked seduction to sate her own dark cravings. An all-consuming desire . . .
Yet when an ancient evil from her past resurfaces, will their desire deepen into a love that can bring a proud warrior to his knees and turn a gentle beauty into the fighter she was born to be?Includes an excerpt from Kresley Cole's next romance novel, No Rest for the Wicked.
Published: April 2006
Published Edition: March 2011
Publishers: Simon and Schuster

Form of Reading: Paperback

Pages: 306

Goodreads Star Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Review

I have been a long-time fan of Kresley Cole, I first got into her books when I was 16/17 and I have a love for her Immortals After Dark series. There are 19 books in the series I have only read 7. There is no specific order that you have to read them, each book is individual but there are some crossovers, which if you read them in order you can pick it out.

This book is like Marmite either I loved it or hate it. The first half of the book where the characters first meet and spend time together was both awkward and weird. The word consent kept cropping up in my mind soo many times while reading this book. While I enjoyed the two falling in love with one another, I just didn't enjoy the use of physical attraction in the way to make them want one another. One of the things that I didn't understand was the interference by the other Valkyries who are worried about Emma, I felt that it was a bit demeaning for the character to let the audience believe that she is an innocent Vampire.

I liked Lachlan, he was a strong and damaged character who has no idea to interact with someone after being kept imprisoned and tortured for so many years. I found it a bit odd at how quickly he was adaptable to learn about the new world he stepped into. He is quite forceful when it comes to the first time meeting Emma although if you have read books by Kresley Cole and understand the 'Mating' in this series, you understand why he was attracted to her so quickly.

I enjoyed the book, I would like to read more of the other books in the series and maybe complete the whole collection. I would recommend this book if you are heavily into Paranormal Romance like I am.

Hope you are having a lovely day

XX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Time To Open New Doors + Book Haul

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)