A Summer At Sea by Katie Fforde | Book Review |

Hey Everyone,

How are you?


A Summer at Sea by Katie Fforde

Emily is happy with her life just as it is. 

She has a career as a midwife that she loves. She enjoys living on her own as a single woman. But she also feels it’s time for a change and a spot of some sea air.

So when her best friend Rebecca asks whether she’d like to spend the summer cooking on a ‘puffer’ boat just off the Scottish coast, she jumps at the chance.

But she barely has time to get to grips with the galley before she finds herself with a lot on her plate.

Rebecca is heavily pregnant and is thrilled to have her friend on board doing most of the work. Then there’s Emily’s competitive and jealous kitchen assistant who thinks she should be head-cook, not Emily.

And there’s Alasdair, the handsome local doctor who Emily is desperately trying not to notice.

Because if she falls in love with him, as he appears to be falling for her, will she ever want her old life back again?



Published: February 11th, 2016
Published Edition: February 9th, 2017
Publishers: Arrow

Pages: 368

Goodreads Star Rating:⭐⭐⭐⭐

Review


I read this book in 3 days. 3 DAYS!! I haven't read a book that quickly in months.

I needed a good book to read quickly and this was perfect. I have often wanted to escape from everything and forget everything that I left at home and this is a book that pretty much explains it. Emily is a hard-working midwife who hasn't had a break in a long time and is given an opportunity to go to Scotland and be a cook on a Puffer boat.

I enjoyed Emily and Alasdair's relationship and how they get to know one another. At the start of the relationship, they don't have feelings for one another at the beginning but when Emily meets Alasdair's daughter Kate and has a growing bond with her. I liked how their relationship grew with Kate and I loved how he was honest to her about Kate's mother.

Honestly, I thought the book was a bit shorter than any of her previous books but I did enjoy it.

A bit short this review is but honestly, I cannot find any faults in this book and I always enjoy a good book by Katie Fforde.

Hope you are having a lovely day

XX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)

Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford.