A Conjuring of Light by V.E.Schwab | Book Review |

Hey Everyone,

How was your weekend?

Minus the rain, my weekend was good.


A Conjuring of Light by V.E.Schwab

Witness the fate of beloved heroes - and enemies.

THE BALANCE OF POWER HAS FINALLY TIPPED...

The precarious equilibrium among four Londons has reached its breaking point. Once brimming with the red vivacity of magic, darkness casts a shadow over the Maresh Empire, leaving a space for another London to rise.

WHO WILL CRUMBLE?
Kell - once assumed to be the last surviving Antari - begins to waver under the pressure of competing loyalties. And in the wake of tragedy, can Arnes survive?

WHO WILL RISE?
Lila Bard, once a commonplace - but never common - thief, has survived and flourished through a series of magical trials. But now she must learn to control the magic, before it bleeds her dry. Meanwhile, the disgraced Captain Alucard Emery of the Night Spire collects his crew, attempting a race against time to acquire the impossible.

WHO WILL TAKE CONTROL?
And an ancient enemy returns to claim a crown while a fallen hero tries to save a world in decay.


Published: February 2017
Publishers: Titan Books

Pages: 666

Goodreads Star Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Review

Anoshe

It's unbelievable that it's over. After reading AGOS, I wasn't reading much because I was mostly excited to read ACOL and I immediately started reading it the minute the book was in my hands.

You are basically pulled back into this book as it picks up after the end of AGOS. (I don't want to spoil it if you haven't read it) With the reveal of the villain, introduced in the second book, I have to admit he was a very determined character to want to become more powerful. I have to admit, I have never come across a villain much like this one before and I was intrigued as to how V.E.Schwab played it out.

Kell and Lila are two of my most favourite characters throughout the entire series and I love their interactions with one another, stealing quicks looks and kisses during their mission to protect their home. I love it when these two are together but also when they show off their powers, Lila really likes to break the rules and do things on her own, even though she does get herself into trouble she knows how to get herself out of them. As for Kell, he has only stayed in the Palace and venturing off into different Londons but it was a first for him to venture out into the world.

Rhy and Alucard's relationship was explored in this book, it was more of their relationship before the books. I wished to have seen more of them together as they did separate for part of the book.

Holland, I would say a very redeemable character in this book. In the first book, he was much of a villain and by the end, he became a character that you truly cared for. I also really liked learning more about Holland's past and how he became that mean, murderous character in the first book. I wanted to jump into the book and give him a hug.

I also loved the inclusion of other POVs, other than Lila, Kell, Rhy and Holland. Some of the sub-characters, in the previuos books didn't get their own POV's and it was interesting to learn more about them.

I love final books, not many people do, I like to know that there is the end of the rainbow where they can move on and look forward to the future. This book was absolutely perfect, great ending for all the characters, nothing to critique about because it is soo good.

I demand anyone, if you have or haven't read this book because it's definitely worth reading the entire series.

Hope you are having a lovely day

XX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Time To Open New Doors + Book Haul

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)