The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey | Book Review |

Hey Everyone,


The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey

Everything in Echo’s life changed in a blinding flash when she learned the startling truth: she is the firebird, the creature of light that is said to bring peace.

The firebird has come into the world, but it has not come alone. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and Echo can feel a great and terrible darkness rising in the distance. Cosmic forces threaten to tear the world apart.

Echo has already lost her home, her family, and her boyfriend. Now, as the firebird, her path is filled with even greater dangers than the ones she’s already overcome.

She knows the Dragon Prince will not fall without a fight.

Echo must decide: can she wield the power of her true nature—or will it prove too strong for her, and burn what’s left of her world to the ground?

Welcome to the shadow hour.


Published: July 2016
Publishers: Atom

Page Count: 368

Goodreads Star Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Review

I had forgotten what had happened in the first book and didn't know if the second book picked up where it left off and it did.

Echo's struggle to be the firebird and also share memories of her past lives in her is a struggle. I liked how Echo learned a lot more about what happened to them and what she should do to prevent for any of it to happen. I wished to have more of Echo and Caius, they are always flirting(which I am perfectly happy with) but I wanted to see more of them two together. I felt that Rowen included into the mix was a bit too much, I felt that it was unnecessary for him to be all around the time.

I felt the Dorian, Jasper and Quinn scenario was a bit too much, I had no feelings for Quinn and I didn't understand why he had to be around anyway. I wished that Dorian would get off his high horse and open up his feelings for Jasper.

Overall, a great book. I liked Echo's adventures to Scotland, London and China. I liked learning a lot more about the firebird and its counterpart. And I liked how Echo was able to detain the firebird's counterpart towards the end. I also liked learning more about Echo's past and the reason why she ran away from home.

Favourite Quotes

You're a thief, Echo.' The Ala Squeezed her hand, her grip strong despite her frailty. 'Steal him back

The imagining of chaos was quite different from the reality of it.

Comments

Popular Posts