Book Haul No. 20

Hey Everyone,

A couple of days ago I thought of trying to start my own Youtube channel. But after I uploaded my first video, I began to doubt the idea and took the video down. I don't think it was nerves, I think it was because I knew it wouldn't work. Which is why I decided to delete the video entirely. I don't know if I will ever revisit the idea of making videos but at the moment I am enjoying blogging more.

I have 10 books to show you and a couple of free books from Netgalley, so let's go...


The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
Villette by Charlotte Bronte

I already own The Tenant of Wildfell Hall in a Clothbound edition but I love both editions. I would like to own all The Bronte Sisters books in both Penguin English Library and Clothbound.

I was unaware that Charlotte Bronte wrote more books than Jane Eyre. I do not know what exactly happens in this book, so I am looking forward to reading it.


The Muse by Jessie Burton
The Apartment by Danielle Steel

I was aware of Jessie Burton due to his previous book The Miniaturist, I didn't pick up this book because it didn't intrigue me. I picked up The Muse because I had seen it in my bookstagram feed for weeks and was curious about it.

I had heard of Danielle Steel for years and I had no interest in picking up her books. I wasn't boycotting her books, I just never picked up her books to even consider reading them. This book sounded interested to me and I hope I like it.


Blue Dahlia by Nora Roberts
Postcards from the Edge by Carrie Fisher

I have read the Bride Quartet by Nora Roberts years and I consider the series to a be a favourite. But I have not read any of Roberts other books (there are so many to choose) because if you don't know, she is a writing machine.

After reading The Princess Diarist at the end of last year. I wanted to read more of her books, I tried Amazon and they could only offer for Kindle. But suddenly, out of a stroke of luck, I found it in a bookstore in town for £3. I've been wanting this book because of the movie which starred Meryl Streep.


No Rest for the Wicked by Kresley Cole
A Hunger like no Other by Kresley Cole

Years ago, before I started my blog, I got very into Paranormal Romance. It is where I discovered Kelley Armstrong, Jenna Black and Kresley Cole. I borrowed a book from the local library which was part of the series and I was hooked. I have read most of the books in the series but never the first two books. There is no sense of order in how you read these books as they are set in the same world but are different characters.


Passenger by Alexandra Bracken

*Note. I don't follow New book hype, I find the hype sometimes anti-climatic. *

This book became a really popular throughout Booktube last year and even though I was interested in the book. I didn't want to buy the book immediately because I don't want to get excited for a new book only to not enjoy it and give the book away to charity. Of course, I have heard good things about this book and with the second book already released, if I do enjoy the book I can hop onto the second book without having to wait for such a long time.


A Summer at Sea by Katie Fforde

If there was a go-to Author for you, mine would be Katie Fforde. Since I was 14, I have read all of Katie Fforde's books. I did have a break for a couple of years but I was able to jump back into it. This was Fforde's newest book that came out last year but I wanted the paperback. They don't release paperback copies until the year after (which is ridiculous), so I patiently waited until I could get my hands on one.


I also got some books on my Kindle, most of them I got from Netgalley.

*Note, I don't know if you have been following my blog since I first started but I did own a copy of City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. The truth is I gave the book away because I wasn't getting into it. I decided to try the book again because I got interested in the Shadowhunters TV show on Netflix and felt that I should read the books*




Already read this book and wrote a review.





And that concludes my book haul.

I hope you are having a lovely day

See you soon

XX


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)

Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford.