Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen | Book Review |




Hey Everyone,

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

The traditional favourite Jane Austen novel—her enduring story of pride and prejudice

When Elizabeth Bennet meets Mr. Darcy she is repelled by his overbearing pride, and prejudice towards her family. But the Bennet girls are in need of financial security in the shape of husbands, so when Darcy's friend, the affable Mr. Bingley, forms an attachment to Jane, Darcy becomes increasingly hard to avoid. Polite society will be turned upside down in this witty drama of friendship, rivalry, and love—Jane Austen's classic romance novel.


First Published: 1813
Published Edition: June 26th, 2014
Publishers: Vintage Classics

Goodreads Star Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



This book took me a while to finish, it is a book that I feel mostly intimidated to read because it is one of Austen's popular books. I started reading the book before Christmas and I finally finished in the New Year, and I am glad that this book is the first book to complete in 2017. It's one of those books that has a huge following because of the writing and the story.

I loved it. I am glad to have taken my time to dissect the language and the story, it is such a wordy book that it makes you slow down and enjoy it, you can understand why this book is so popular. The relationships with Elizabeth and Jane is sweet and sisterly bonding, and then Elizabeth curiosity to Mr Darcy who she hates at the beginning and starts to learn more about him. The relationship with Elizabeth and Mr Darcy are pretty much the quote "Don't judge a book by its cover" because of how these two couldn't like one another and soon later develop feelings. (I just hope that you have either read the book or seen the movie to understand what I am talking about) 

You can also see that Elizabeth knowingly feels that Mr Darcy is a horrible man due to My Wickham's story and also her thoughts from the first time she met him, she later realises that she can't listen to stories without actually knowing the man personally. So when he confesses his feelings for her, she is a bit bewildered but also angry because of his persuasion to Mr Bingley about Jane. They both had terrible first impressions of one another but soon later got to know more about them and later loving each other. Later on in the book, you will see more of their feelings with one another become genuine and resulting them loving each other. 

My dad was telling me that when he read the book, that it is very much of a comedy and I agree. The Bennet family are exceedingly exaggerated, especially Mrs Bennet and Mr Collins. It's an enjoyable read and I highly recommend it.

BUT if you are not interested in the book or you want to see different interpretations of the book, then I suggest that you watch the BBC mini-series with Colin Firth, the 2005 movie with Kiera Knightly and Matthew Macfadyen and The Lizzie Bennet Diaries on Youtube. I think people would like The Lizzie Bennet Diaries more because even though each episode is short they keep the storyline similar to the book but also modernise it to make it more interesting and I agree.

I hope you are having a lovely day

See you soon

XX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)

Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford.