Books I Want To Get To In 2017

Hey, Everyone!

We are reaching the end of the year. Ahh!! where has time gone? This year has been a great reading year and with 2017 coming round the corner, it is time to get back on that high horse and get reading.

Compared to the end of 2015, my TBR shelf decreased by a lot and it seems that I have gained more books than actually reading them this year. Currently, on my TBR shelf, I have 60-70 books unread. It's crazy to think that I bought so much this year and that amount of books is not going away. I think I set too much reading goals for myself that I had grown sluggish and unmotivated to pick up those books. Especially to the end of the year, I noticed that I was barely reading every night and I was trying to keep my book purchases to a minimum of 4 books. So I AM doing a book ban at the beginning of 2017, just until I have decreased my TBR pile to about 20 books. It is a bit of a struggle but hopefully I will succeed in this challenge.

Anyway moving on from my ramble and onto the books that I would like to get to in 2017.




11.22.63 by Stephen King: I have had this book since my 18th birthday and have been unable to pick the book up. There has been some bookstagram buzz, so I am curious as to if I will enjoy it.

And I Darken by Kiersten White: I started this book a couple of weeks ago but I barely read much of it. I don't know why but I wasn't in the mood for it. So I am giving this book a second chance.

The Loney by Andrew Michael Hurley: Just like And I Darken, I tried to read the book but wasn't feeling it. Hopefully, I'll pick it up in 2017.






The Year of the Runaways by Sunjeev Sahota: This book has been on my shelf since the very beginning of the year. I do have the audiobook on my phone which would be easier to get through the book quicker.

The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell: I have had this book since last year. I think the reason wy I haven't picked it up because I knew it was magical realism but was worried that I would have no idea what was going on.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee: I have been meaning to pick this up but completely forget that I have the book. So I hope I get to this book soon.

Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin: It's been a long time coming. I mean I watch the show and been unable to pick up the books. My friend from work suggests that the books are really good and that I would like it, which is so much pressure before reading this book.






Room by Emma Donoghue: I get into a habit of buying the book before watching the movie but I have been meaning to pick this book up. Maybe I'll get the audiobook which would be helpful.

Miss Marple's Final Cases by Agatha Christie: OR any of the Agatha Christie books that I have purchased recently. But this book has been on my shelf the most.

Mansfield Park by Jane Austen: Much like Agatha Christie any other book by Jane Austen is fine. I saw the television movie of this book which got me interested in reading this book, so hopefully I will get to it soon. I am currently reading Pride and Prejudice so if I am able to finish it, I'll pick up Mansfield Park.

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte: I have had this book for a very long time. It's been sitting on my bookshelf just waiting to be read and I haven't been interested in picking it up.




Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami: I would like to get to reading this book, I think it was in July that I read The Rat series and I haven't picked up any of his other books. I have heard many great things about this book and I would like to get to it soon.

A Court Of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas: I know, I know, Please don't hate me. I think the reason why I haven't picked up this book anytime sooner it because of how Feyre is in love with Rhysand and not Tamlin, and I LOVED Tamlin in the first book which is why picking up this book has been putting me off.

The Vegetarian by Han Kang: I have heard so many good things about this book and I have been wanting to pick this book up. And I don't know why I haven't picked it up.


I am not sure that I will be able to read all of these books in 2017 but I would like to be ale to get through most of them.

I hope you are having a lovely day

See you soon

MERRY CHRISTMAS

XX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Time To Open New Doors + Book Haul

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)