Book Haul No. 19

Hey, Everyone!

How are you?

So I wasn't sure if I would do an end of the year Book Haul or keep it monthly as I usually would do. But then I saw the pile of books and started reading a couple of them, I thought it would be better to share with you the books I got WHILE Christmas shopping, I wasn't just getting books just for the hell of it. It was actually because I got books for my Dad and brother for Christmas and thought I would treat myself with a job well done by buying more books, not a nice cup of coffee because then your hand will ache with all the bags you are carrying from Christmas shopping and then you would have to struggle with the coffee cup while getting on the bus and off. It's a weird hypothesis but it's a code I live by.(I can also imagine Lorelai Gilmore doing the exact same thing)

I have 8 books to share with you so let's go...

Starting with Autobiography...


The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher

I have been unaware that Fisher was a published author but when I heard about this book it took me by surprise at what the content contains in this book. If you haven't been hearing about it in the news, this book is about Carrie Fisher during the time she was playing Princess Leia in the first Star Wars movie. She included excerpts from her diary at the time in the book. It's a really good book and very funny, I'll give a review about this book soon.


Talking As Fast As I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls (And Everything in Between) by Lauren Graham

I have been anticipating for this book since I heard that Lauren Graham was writing one. This is about her life and acting career before playing Lorelai Gilmore and then coming back to play the role again for the Netflix Revival. I even have the book on Audible if I want to hear Lauren Graham's lovely voice.


The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand

This book was mentioned on Gilmore Girls. I mainly bought because it was on Gilmore Girls. It was mentioned in the auction basket episode where Rory and Jess talk about the book. I am curious as to what this book is about but I am planning to get the audiobook if reading it doesn't go well.


Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

This is a book that I have been intimidated and curious about. I knew that there was a film based off this book but I kept forgetting to purchase a copy. From what I can gather it is a love affair and there's a train involved (The Blogger has no clue what the plot is about and actually got this book because it is one of the latest Vintage Classic Russian Author editions and it's so pretty, but also very large).


Slade House by David Mitchell

(Blogger quickly goes to Goodreads and finds out what this book is about)This book circles around a house, a mysterious house. The book is setting from the 1970's to the present day and follows the people that have stepped into the house. It's a different form of haunted house story and I am intrigued to pick this book. (Blogger mostly got this book because the cover is so pretty)


The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

This is a book that I have been seeing and eyeing over for months but I am a bit intimidated to purchase because it is a fantasy read. I am also intrigued to pick this series up.


Milk & Honey by Rupi Kaur

This is a book that I have seen so much on Instagram and with the simple black cover drew my attention. I have read a couple of pages and so far I am enjoying.


Crimson Snow Edited by Martin Edwards

This book was part of a buy one and get half price in Waterstones. In the store in my hometown, there is a section of books with similar covers as this one above but I wasn't sure if I would like to read one. This is a collection of crime stories from the British Library, this book is crime stories set around the Christmas season. I am planning to read this book up soon during Christmas and during the Winter season.

Hope you are having a lovely day

See you soon

XX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Time To Open New Doors + Book Haul

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)