Wrap Up (71-80) Successfully Reached My Reading Goal

Hi!

How are you?

I've reached up to 80 books on my Goodreads Challenge. Technically I have read 100 books because of the romance books I read in August.Which is great! Because I have never read 100 books in a year before and it's huge and also sad. It's sad because I don't have a life, except for work but that is only 4 days of the week.

So anyway. Here are the books that I have read since my last wrap up which was the end of September. Feels longer than that.


Changeless, Blameless and Heartless by Gail Carriger

Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5 (All three books)

I really enjoyed all three of these books, I read Changeless and Blameless very quickly and then took  a break before picking up Heartless. 
I found Changeless to be an ok book, Alexia and Conall's relationship was an enjoyment for me but it was until the final chapter where it was tested which resulted in the couple break apart which continued on into Blameless, Blameless was a good book after the ending from Changeless, I enjoyed Alexia taking a journey out of London from Conall and her ending up in trouble again. I always consider this book series to be very binge-worthy because of the story and the plot. I am putting off reading Timeless for a while. 


Visions, Deception and Betrayals by Kelley Armstrong

Goodreads Star Rating: 5/5 (All three books)

I LOVE THIS SERIES!! After reading Omens, I immediately started to pick up the rest of the series. It's a completely turn out than the first book but the suspense builds ups brilliantly, there are many questions asked throughout each book and Kelley Armstrong was able to keep some questions unsolved until later on in the book or even in the next one. I loved the love triangle between Olivia, Gabrial and Ricky. For me personally, I find this love triangle to be a lot thought out than previous love triangles I have read. You are able to see a balance of their interactions and it doesn't become a problem and no one gets into fights.
I also love the folklore, I am not familiar with Welsh Folklore but with the amount of research that Kelley Armstrong has researched and included in this book was great to learn about. 


Winnie the Pooh by A. A. Milne

Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

I found the book to be an adorable read, I really wished to have read the book when I was younger. I know that the Disney movies did a good job in telling the stories and making it more enjoyable but I found reading the original version to be a lot more fun. I am definitely continuing on with the rest of the books.


Death Or Ice Cream by Gareth P. Jones

Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

This was such an interesting book to read. It was dark and funny, with the inclusion to ice cream. I liked the array of characters introduced in each of the stories and how strange the town Larkin Mills is, I liked that there were stories as to how the town was named, the mystery of the egg and the craziness of the local people in town. 
If many people thought that the local people of Stars Hollows were weird with their many different festivals and townspeople getting into your private business then Larkin Mills are creepy and people die strangely and how the only hotel in town is also a Crematorium. 


Anno Dracula by Kim Newman

Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

I have already written a full book review (see here)


Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie (Hercule Poirot #10)

Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

I have already written a full book review (see here)

And that concludes my wrap up. I know that it has been a while since my previous  wrap-up, so I am trying to do at least a couple of book reviews between from now until my next wrap-up. I am going to have to rethink on how I do Wrap-ups next year, I am unsure if I want to continue to do what I am doing right now or to revert back to monthly wrap-ups.

I hope you are having a lovely day

See you soon

XX

Comments

  1. Congratulations on completing your reading goal for the year. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Time To Open New Doors + Book Haul

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)