Books I Want To Read, Mentioned in Gilmore Girls (Day 2)


Hi Everyone!

Rory Gilmore has always had a love of books and when I watch the show I am always inspired to read more because of her. There is a Book Challenge floating around called The Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge, which is to read every book mentioned or shown on the TV show.


I have only picked ten books that I don't physically own the book but would like to get a copy to read.


1. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

I have recently seen the Vintage Classics edition of this book (The ones with very pretty cover designs, like Jane Austen). I have no knowledge of what this book is about but Rory mentions this book in her Graduation Speech at Chilton.


2. Carrie by Stephen King

I have not read a Stephen King novel before and I have been intimidated to get into but knowing that this book has been turned into a movie (twice) and knowing the popularity of this book makes me intrigue to pick it up.


3. Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell

I have seen the movie but I have never read the book. I enjoyed the movie but I had no knowledge that there was a book. I have been intrigue with American History, so I hope that I get a chance to learn something about American History.


4. Howl by Allen Ginsberg

Now I only want to read this BECAUSE it has appeared on the show. It's in the episode in Season 2 when Jess comes to Stars Hollow, he meet Rory and looks at her huge collection of books. He then gives a book to Rory which turns out he stole it and wrote some notes in the margin.


5. A Streetcar Named Desiree by Tennessee Williams

I have heard about this play when I was in college and was interested in picking it up but I haven't been able to or forget picking the book up at the book shop.


6. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

I love the movie so much. I remember watching the movie and loving it so much but I have also heard that the book is better than the movie. Which made me curious to pick the book up.


7. Wicked by Gregory Maguire

I saw the musical years ago when I was still in secondary school and loved it. But (again) I did not know that there was a book about The Wicked Witch of the West which brought on the musical.


8. Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson

Ever since watching Kill Me, Heal Me (Korean Drama about DID) I have always been intrigued to know more about split-personality and I have been hearing mixed things about this book and I want to read it to form my own opinion.


9. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

I know that this book is about a man taking revenge on people but I scrolled down on Goodreads and reading the reviews make me want to pick this book up even more. I have tried to read a Dumas book before (The Three Musketeers) and then forgot about it, whoops, but I hope (crosses fingers) that I will enjoy this book.


10. Atonement by Ian McEwan

I have had heard good things from the movie and the book but I haven't had the opportunity to see it.
 I am not much of a fan of war novels but with this book I might give it a go. This book sounds good and reviews I have seen are all positive.











And that concludes Day 2. There are a lot of books that I would like to read but these are the ones that I would like to get to the most. There is a buzzfeed post on all the books mentioned on the TV show (which I have that list copied in my bedroom) that you should check out if there are any books that you have read are on the list but also books that might intrigue you more.

Hope you are having a lovely day

See you soon

XX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Time To Open New Doors + Book Haul

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)