Try A Chapter Tag

I wasn't tagged to do this book tag but I have seen this tag on a few Booktubers videos that I follow and I've enjoyed watching it and have been wanting to read some books that have been lying around. I saw Sarah over at Sarah's Chapter and I really enjoyed the blog post (Blog post here).

The Original creator for this tag was created by Malia over at BookParadice (Video here). 



I have had a sitting pile of book that has been waiting for my undying attention to them while I read other books that I have picked up before I made the pile. I have NINE book that I want to get into and I have heard many good things about each book, so LET'S GO!

1. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
If you don't know what this book is about. It's about Catherine Morland, she is the fourth child of ten in her family and her family is quite poor. She is invited to live with her Uncle and Aunt in Bath and meets a man by the name of Henry Tilney. I had already seen the BBC TV movie which starred a young Felicity Jones and thoroughly enjoyed it.
~
After reading the first chapter, it seems that Catherine is more of a tomboy as her older siblings are boys. She has no interest to be kept indoors and has a fascination with literature. I am keeping the book on the side on a later date, it didn't pull me in as many of the other books, later on, has so I am going to wait a bit longer.

2. The Beauty Of The End by Debbie Howells
This book is about a man who discovers that the girl that he loved when he was at school was committed for murder and is currently in a coma due to an altercation.
~
After reading the first chapter, you are immediately pulled into the story, the prologue is vague(as many prologues are until you read on and understand more) but the first chapter was basically rolling out of bed and you're already knowing the facts, instead of most crime novels sort of build up slowly at the beginning of the book. I am going to leave it alone for now.

3. In The Miso Soup by Ryu Murakami
I saw this book on Dana's Youtube channel (The Book Hoarder), I remember in the video that she was craving for udon noodles because it was mentioned in the book.
This book is an American man being shown around Tokyo and the guide is suspicious of him.
~
After reading the first chapter, it shows the guide introducing himself to the American Man and starting their three-day touring trip, The guide has some personal life problems, he is trying to make up with his girlfriend for standing her up on Christmas and hopes to get out a little early from the American Man. I am unsure about picking it up immediately but I am intrigued.

4. Songs About A Girl by Chris Russell
This book is about a girl who gets an opportunity to take some photos for a popular boy band.
~
I got into the book quite quickly, I noticed until after that I had read three chapters. Set in a Secondary school, Charlie likes taking photos which people at school thinks she is weird and Charlie knows that she is being picked on. She is unsure to accept the offer but decides to see how that goes. I like this book, I 'll probably continue reading it.

5. The Loney by Andrew Michael Hurley
This book follows two brothers, they would go with their family to visit a shrine on an empty coastline called the Loney. years later a child's body has been found.
~
After reading the first chapter, I could tell it had an eery vibe at the beginning. Like the mystery between these boys is deep. one of the brothers is married with children and is a famous Priest. The first chapter reminds me of the TV show Broadchurch, it has that unknown feeling of they know something but neither one of them is reading to confess just yet.

6. Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
This book is about a woman who is about to be executed, and you learn more about why she committed the crime.
~
After reading the first chapter, I can't tell how I feel about the book in my first impression. I would have to read it later on to form an opinion. It only a couple of emails about how to respect the deceased body and about the woman wanting to talk to a specific priest before she is executed.

7. In A Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware
This book follows a woman who reconnects with her best friend and is invited to her hen night. Soon their past starts to unfold and secrets come out.
~
After reading the Prologue/first chapter, it is a mystery. We are introduced to Nora who was running in the woods looking for a guy named James and then she wakes up in the hospital talking to the nurse. This seems like a really interesting book already and I am eager to know what happens next.

8. The Book Of Life by Deborah Harkness
This book is the third and final book in the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness. Continuing on from the second book, it is the final battle for Diana and her family.
~
I liked getting back into this trilogy, there is not faffing around just straight into business. Diana and Mattew are caught up with everything when they were gone and it's a bit of an emotional shock for Diana mostly. I love this trilogy and I want to finish it by the end of this year.

9. And I Darken by Kiersten White
This book is about Vlad The Impaler. But Vlad is a woman in this book and not a man from the original story.
~
After reading this first chapter, this book pulled me in almost immediately. Young toddler Vlad is cunning and strong, she is brash and tough. This book already seems to be good, I got the book because I had heard good things and after reading a bit of it, I am intrigued and I want to know what happens next.

I have already decided to pick up The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness first. And I Darken is tempting to read and I am considering on reading that after. But this was a fun book tag to do I would definitely do something like this possible next year.

Hope you are having a lovely day 

See You Soon

XX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Time To Open New Doors + Book Haul

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)