Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie (Book Review)


"The murder is with us - on the train now..."

Just after midnight, the famous Orient Express is stopped in its tracks by a snowdrift. By morning, the millionaire Samuel Ratchett lies dead in his compartment, stabbed a dozen times, his door locked from the inside. One of his fellow passengers must be the murder. 

Isolated by the storm and with a killer in their midst, detective Hercule Poirot must find the killer amongst a dozen of the dead man's enemies, before the murder decides to strike again...

Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

First published: 1934
Published Edition: June 4th, 2007
Publishers: Harper Collins

Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

What did I think?

This is my first introduction to Agatha Christie. I have not read any of her books before and I picked this book up first because this book is more popular in her Poirot series. I used to watch the BBC show Poirot when I was younger after school, I remember getting home and catching almost the beginning of it. The show was addicting and this book was exciting to get into.

I found this book to be very enticing and enjoyable, I started to listen to the book on Audible and I was both reading and listening to the book but I ended up ditching the audiobook and continued to read the book.

The mystery of the death of Ratchett was interesting to get into, the connecting link to a death of an American girl to Ratchett was also the reason for the murder to kill him was mind boggling as  to how they did it. I liked how the book was segregated to each suspect to question as to which one could be a suspect and the book was easy to understand and to follow along. I wanted to pace myself with this book so I was reading about a couple of chapters every day and trying to get to know Christie's writing.

I am not sure if I have every read a book much like Agatha Christie before, the attention to the clues and the connection to the murder and the victim and also trying to solve the crime was really exciting to solve it. I was even trying to figure it out myself and trying to understand with all the witness statements and the clues found at the crime scene. The reveal of the killer was not who I expected to be and the how Agatha build up the suspense made me excited to the conclusion.

If you have not tried reading any of Agatha Christie's books before, make sure you have this book on that list of must-reads because it's so good and I recommend it.

Other Editions:



I wanted to showcase other editions of this book because there are other copies I could have gone for and they are all great in itself. 


Hope you are having a lovely day

See you soon

XX


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Time To Open New Doors + Book Haul

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)