Book Haul No. 16



If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking. ― Haruki MurakamiNorwegian Wood

A bit of a mix of books this month. I have recently calculated how many books I have been getting and comparing to the ones I have already read and I buy more than I am reading (Shocked? I'm not) I am going to do a book ban, I know that I have said I would cut down on my book purchases but seeing the numbers in black and white made me realise that it is a good option at the time being. Hopefully I will succeed until the end of the year, which is my goal and I have written rules in my Bullet Journal which I am determined to abide.


Justice League Dark Volume 3 The Death Of Magic

This is the only comic book in this book haul. It's been a while since I have picked up a comic. I am excited to pick this up. Continuing from the end of the Volume 2, we are reunited with Constantine, Zatanna, Deadman and Madam Xanadu.


this modern love by Will Darbyshire

Ever since Will announced on his Youtube channel that he was writing a book, I was very excited. But this book wasn't just written by him, it was written from his audience. He had six questions and asked people to submit their letters to be included into his book. I thought that was such a brilliant idea which made me even more excited to pick this book up.



Omens by Kelley Armstrong

Visions by Kelley Armstrong

Deceptions by Kelley Armstrong

I got Deceptions in Waterstones and I found out later on that it was part of the book series. So I immediately added the books onto my Amazon basket and purchased the first two book in the series. Technically I should have gotten Omens and then consider purchasing Visions after. But I have read books by Kelley Armstrong since I was 14 years old and I adore her writing.

This book series follows a girl who discovers her biological parents are serial killers and took refuge in a town called Cainsville. But under the guide by her biological mother, she starts looking into the last crime her parents were convicted.




This book was an impulse purchase. I had not heard of Debbie Howells before and judging from the blurb on the back of the book, it is definitely a book I will enjoy.


I recently read The Bone Season for the #ReadTheAllThon and I loved it and ordered the book through Amazon.


I was recommend of this book by a friend from work. He has already spoiled the plot of the book but I don't mind and I wanted to read it for myself. 






THIS IS THE REASON FOR MY BOOK BUYING BAN!

I went overboard on the book purchases this month. I read Soulless for the #ReadThemAllThon and added Changeless to my Amazon Basket. But shortly after reading the end of the book (Yes I peeked), I ended up purchasing the rest of the series. I am considering a book binge of this series since I have them all together. I really enjoyed reading Soulless and I think I will continue to enjoy the rest of the series. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Time To Open New Doors + Book Haul

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)