Suicide Squad (Movie Review)


Due to all the critic opinion over this movie. I honestly really enjoyed it, sure the story was non-existent but the characters came to life in this movie and it was fantastic.

I give a run down on what the main plot of this story is about.

Amanda Waller (Viola Davis) wants to create a team of villains to do her dirty work and implanting them with chips that could kill them easily. Even though these villains want to escape, they have no other choice but to follow along in this mission. These villains consist of Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), Deadshot (Will Smith), Captain Boomerang (Jai Courtney), El Diablo (Jay Hernandez), Killer Croc (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje) and Katana (Karen Fukuhara). Also including The Joker (Jared Leto), Enchantress (Cara Delevingne) Rick Flagg, Task Force X Team Leader ( Joel Kinnaman) and a small cameo from Batman (Ben Affleck) and The Flash (Ezra Miller).


I have highly anticipated this film since I saw the comic con trailer last year. I am a huge DC fan, and I was excited to see this movie.

While the plot was difficult to comprehend, it was a big mystery with the side note of the Joker wanting to get his girlfriend back. The team were tasked to rescue someone while avoiding the major threat of the city. To me it fell all over the place in that area, but I enjoyed the interactions of the villains a lot more. It honestly looked more of bring the characters to life and showing off each character's fighting style. The action in this movie is like a pie to the face, there is so much fighting scenes that it pushes the story plot out the window.


I think the only characters I enjoyed the most was Harley (A fan favorite), Robbie did a fantastic job in keeping the character similar to the comics, her relationship with Leto was very small but I wished to see more of them together. I was quite surprised with Deadshot, at the beginning I remember people were unsure with the choice of Smith in this film but honestly he was brilliant. It's been a while since I have seen a film starring Will Smith and enjoy it. El Diablo surprised me in this movie, I haven't heard anything about this character before and I was intrigued about him, and holy freaking bananas he is amazing, he has such a sad background and Hernandez did a fantastic job. 

There are some characters that could have been explored more like Katana and Enchantress. Personally I felt that they could have had more scenes of June Moon as well as Enchantress but the only time you ever see June Moon is when she is afraid of the Enchantress,  Katana's background is pretty much taken out of the comic which is cool but is left with little knowledge of the character before she joins the team.

Viola Davis as Amanda Waller was great, a fantastic character for a fantastic actress. She is pretty much a villain herself in this movie. She tough and stubborn and she likes to control people however she wants to.. She's a villain to the villains in this movie. 

Now Joker on the other hand, as much as I was hoping for him to be great, he wasn't in the film as much as I had hoped for. While Jared Leto is a fantastic actor, I felt his presence in the film to be short but I hope to see more of him in the near future. 

This film was fantastic and I highly recommend to go see the film. I suggest you go in without any expectations because with the review from critics they are not so great. I can understand the points made if you read the review after but I enjoyed it whether they didn't like it or not.

Hope you are having a lovely day

See you soon

XX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)

Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford.