Books 41-50



Goodreads Star Rating: 2/5

I was displeased with this book. Nope. I was angry at this book. I felt the plot uninteresting, some of the characters to be annoying and overall I realise that I hate apocalyptic books. As much as I enjoyed Rhine's determination to leave and see her brother, I was not so happy with one of the characters. I didn't like it and I have no interest in reading the rest of the series.


Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

This is a collective of novellas that Marissa Meyer had written during as part of the Lunar Chronicles series. I enjoyed the book, I had read a few of the stories beforehand and it's was nice to see the build-up and starting point for these characters.


Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

This is the second book in the Avry of Kazan trilogy and this book starts off straight after the first book. Avry and Kerrick separate, and find a way to stop Tohan for good.
  I had been putting this book off for a while and and I am glad to have picked up this book. I love Avery and Kerrick. Their mission to save the lands and defeat Tohan continues. I really liked Avery's POV more than Kerricks and I felt that his POV was slow and not interesting. But the ending (AHHH) why do you do this to me Maria.


Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

This book took me a while to read. Virginia Woolf had a very interesting style of writing, I was captivated with her thought and scenarios involving women and Fiction. I found it to be a really good book.



Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

This book follows Esther and he won an opportunity to intern at a magazine in New York. She pursues her life into writing and relationships but along the way she pushes herself to be normal, until everything fall apart. This book is kind of a mirror image of the life of Sylvia Plath, who suffered depression and suicidal thoughts.
  This book took me by surprise. I felt very drawn to the book the minute I had opened the first page. I had not read a book involving depression and I was really interested to be in the mind of a women in the 1950's dealing with depression and how to medically treat it. I felt Esther's relationship with her mother might have been the root cause to what happened, her mother wanted her to do good and to also marry Buddy. I highly recommend this book to anyone, I really enjoyed it.


Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

I hadn't read a book by Jill Mansell before and I had not purchased any of her books. This book is chick-lit and I do enjoy a chick-lit book once in awhile.
  This book follows Lola, at 17 she was offered money by her boyfriend's mother to end the relationship with her son. Lola didn't agree to it at first but ended up taking the money for another reason and swore she would not tell anyone about it. 10 years go by and Lola and Dougie reunite and Lola realises that her feelings towards Dougie had not got away, no matter how hard she tries to make to make the relationship start over, Dougie is very stubborn and refuses.
  I really enjoyed this book, I read it very quickly and it was nice to read something different. I enjoy a good chick-lit book and I have a funny feeling that I will be reading more of her books in the future.


Goodreads Star Rating: 3.5/5

Everyone knows what happened in the movie, there is no denying that. I got the book purely on the thought that it is a Star Wars and it was in book form. I wasn't impressed with the book to be honest, I felt the pacing to be slow and even though I knew what was happening in book, I was just not enjoying it.


Goodreads Star Rating: 5/5

This is the second book in the duology and starts off with my two favourite characters separated.
The minute the book was in my hands I started to read it and I didn't want to be separated from it. I loved this book as much as I did with the first one. The world building is fantastic, the characters are loveable and brilliant, and the romance was excellent.
  In this book Shahrzad is surrounded with her family and friends, but only wants to be reunited with her husband. Kahlid doesn't have the desire to bring back his wife knowing that he had failed her. Shahrzad believes that there could be a way to get rid of the curse that was looming over Kahlid and seeks the help of someone Kahlid doesn't trust.
  I loved the relationships in this book, Shahrzad and her sister Irsa, Irsa and Rahim, Rahim and Tariq and Tarig and Shahrzad. This book doesn't have that love triangle and I am glad it wasn't included but you could see the difference in relationship with Shahrzad and Tariq is a first love relationship while Shahrzard and Kahlid is more meaningful and passionate. I loved this book so much and I very much consider this book and series to be my favourite.


Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

This book was a re-read. I tried to read this book last year but I wasn't in the mood to read at the time and I thought I would try it again.
  This book follows Hetty who is house sitting one of her mother's relatives Stately home. Hetty agrees to take care of the house after her not-so-messy breakup. She moves into the house and takes cares of the bills, while also getting to know the local community. Suddenly her Great Uncle's Nephew shows up, who has plans to destroy the home and turn the land into a theme park. Hetty and the community try very hard to keep the home as it is and along the way Hetty's broken heart starts to mend.
  I enjoy a Fforde book, they are easy and fun to read. The characters are funny and the dialogue is very witty and sarcastic. The story is well put together and just a good book to get sucked into for a couple of hours. I love Hetty, she is a kind and considerate character and she has grown a love for the people in the village and her neighbours. And crossing hairs with Connor (Aka the Nephew, Aka Conan the Barbarian) is probably one of the things that I love about Fforde, I love it when the main lead girl and the love interest have a fighting battle, leading to sexual tension, the physical attraction for one another is genuine. Hetty was to do a good job in keeping the house standing, she asks for help in the community and sometimes help from Connor as well, she is very determined but easily broken hearted. Also she has a bit of a habit in destroying cars(not on purpose), there are times in the book where she accidentally hits her car with another.


Goodread Star Rating: 4/5

I have already written a book review for this book which you can see here. I found the book to be very informative, with very funny illustrations and tons of information on Feminism in our current society and how we should deal with it.

And that concludes this wrap-up. I am shocked to be 16 books ahead on my reading challenge on Goodreads. Obviously I must be having a fantastic reading year and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. 

Hope you are having a lovely day 

See you soon

XX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)

Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford.