What Did I Read? (Books 31-40)


So I am trying out new thing when it comes to my wrap-ups. From January to March I wasn't having a great reading period and I thought it would be a better idea to extend the wrap ups for two months instead of one. But in the month of April I read 11 books which surprised me and I wrote a monthly wrap up. 

But the truth is, I don't want to restrict myself every month to read so many books and give a monthly wrap up. Then I discovered a Booktuber named WellDoneBooks also known as Max, He's a Booktuber who I found from another Booktuber. On Max's channel, he doesn't follow the normal monthly wrap ups, instead his wrap-ups are about a couple weeks apart and only a small amount of books that he reviews. I kind of like this style of wrap--ups because it shows how many books your reading and how far you are in your reading challenge. 

I promise not to change my wrap-ups again, I am still finding what works for me, so I hope you understand.




Goodreads Star Rating: 3/5

I have mixed feeling when it comes to this book. Hemingway has a very interesting writing style, he was great at creating a picture around him but I personally felt he wasn't interesting when he is in company with friends. He grabbed my attention a few times and at times I wasn't. I liked the book but also didn't like the book. I had never read Hemingway before so it might take me a while to pick up any of his other books in the near future.


The Diviners by Libba Bray

Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

I will forever love reading books by Libba Bray. Her world building and characters are amazing, and I was sucked into this book very quickly. Let me summarise: 1920's, ghosts, interesting characters and death. I wasn't expecting much from this book, I had heard some mixed reviews and I was worried that I wouldn't like it. But I did and I also got Lair of Dreams. I really hope the next book in the series comes out soon.



Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

I am very happy that I got to get this book. I have been waiting this book to come out for a couple of months. As much as I was happy to be reunited with Gansey and everyone, but it was the ending that was not satisfactory as I hoped it would be. My thoughts of the ending are a bit meh but it sort of left in both a happier ending and with an ending that was very rough. If you have read the book you would probably understand. I am glad to have finished the book and admire the amazing cover that is The Raven King.




Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

This was a very short read and I enjoyed it. Elena's love of Star Wars and her determination to sit in the freezing cold for three nights to watch the new movie was fun to see. I enjoyed reading another Rowell book, I had forgotten what her style of writing was like. It was a fun read.




Goodreads Star Rating: 5/5

I have already written a book review (see here.)




Goodreads Star Rating: 5/5

I was very curious about the hype from Booktube last year but I didn't want to buy the book immediately expecting to be disappointed. I can now understand why this book deserved the hype. This book is excellent, the world building, the characters and especially the magic. I highly recommend you pick this book up if you are very into magic and alternate realities because this book is amazing.


Goodreads Star Rating: 3/5

I found this book on Epic Reads Youtube channel and I was curious about the story. It is a retelling of Snow White, which I seem to find quite a lot. As much as I was hoping to like this book only to feel meh. I wrote quite a lot in my Goodreads review, if you are interested to look at. The book reminded me of Snow White and the Huntsman but with dragons and a different style of magic. It was a good book but I wasn't in love with it.




Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

I have already written a book review (see here.)




Goodreads Star Rating: 5/5

I have already written a book review (see here.)

Figment by Cameron Jace

Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

The second book in the Madness in Wonderland series. So many feelings I felt after finishing this book and Alice feels the same. We encounter another character from Wonderland and someone I didn't think was included, the Muffin Man. We also meet Queen of Hearts (which surprised me), and I am still curious as to what is going on. So many blanks that needed to be filled in, as I was following the book I was feeling like I was mad because it cuts off at certain points and leads you off somewhere else. Which is soo good.

And that concludes my wrap-up.

Hope you are having a lovely day.

See you soon

XX

Comments

Popular Posts