April (Wrap Up)


APRIL

April has been a fantastic reading month. I was not expecting to read so many books this month and I thought it would be better to post a wrap up now than wait until the end of May.



Goodreads Star Rating: 5/5

Oh my goodness I was not expecting that. I fell head first into this book and I refused to let go. I was so in love with Jojo's writing, she has such an amazing talent to draw the reader in, her storytelling and her characters came to life and I loved it. I fell in love with Lou and Will, their relationship was so lovely to see and how they bounced off each other was great. A couple of weeks ago I wrote a post about how an emotional wreck I was over this book and the worst off all was seeing the second trailer for the movie just moments after finishing the book made me cry so much. I feel that the film with do an incredible job interpreting page to screen and I am very much looking forward to it.



Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

I read this book a couple of days after finishing the first one. I was in a desperate need to know what happened. 

I had seen a lot of reviews saying that it's not as good as the first one but personally I felt that it was a really good book. Imagine that Me Before You wasn't even published and After You was just a stand alone and not a sequel. The book is so great to convey the grief that Lou (and us) went through after the first, she was lost that he wasn't around (as were we) and it's a great book to interpret a girl dealing with the death of a man she fell in love with and also the process to move on with her life. I liked the little moments when she mentioned Will, it felt that he was still around. I think one of the things I kept noticing, was the emptiness off Will's presence. You can honestly notice the emptiness of him not being around and that affects mostly onto Lou. I think this was a good book about handling your grief but also taking a chance to do new things.



Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

The final book in a series, it's so sad that books have to end. 

I really enjoyed this book. Falling back into the lives of Kestrel and Arin was great, the pacing of the story as quite slow and going back and forth from Arin or Kestrel 's pov was dragging a bit personally. I loved them admitting that they love each other it felt very well executed and I was just overall very happy. I though Kestrel was amazing as ever, she has really been one of my favourite female leads in any genre book(close to Lisbeth Salander). She's the quiet type, not showing much emotion and is able to overpower anyone. I highly recommend this series.


We Have Always Lived In The Castle by Shirley Jackson

Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

I had seen this book on a booktuber's channel called Reads and Daydreams. I didn't think much of the book until I purchased it a couple of book hauls ago. I picked it up mostly because of the cover, it drew my attention and was curious about it.

The book is brilliant, very mysterious and suspicious. You are following in the eyes of the second sister Mary and she has a certain routine on how she gets by everyday, like going into the village on a Tuesday, helping her sister clean the house on Friday. But not only that, you get to learn about the rest of the family who aren't even there anymore. Mary and Constance's parent, big brother and their Aunt died from arsenic poisoning and it resulted that the person who did it was Constance. It very interesting how the people in the village quickly know it was her and how it affected the rest of the family. Jackson has a very compelling story telling writing, I was literally engaged into the story and couldn't let go of it.


Prudence by Gail Carriger

Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

I had no inclination that this book is set after the Soulless series, so I got confused over this world (But don't worry I've already ordered the book, so I will start from the beginning). After the first chapter I knew that I would love Prudence, she is fearless and smart, and all her friends were hilarious.

Throughout the book, I enjoyed all the characters but the premise for the story was confusing. I didn't understand what was going on and I think it was probably because I haven't started the other series to not know what is going on. I love how it filled with paranormal creatures and I love Prudence ability to steal a supernatural's power.


A Vintage Wedding by Katie Fforde

Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

I always enjoy a good Fforde book and this was enjoyable to read. Following in the live of three women, living in a small village and started a wedding planning business by using and making their own decorations, wedding dresses and getting the community to give a helping hand.

Beth has moved into this small village to runaway from her controlling mother, who insists on her getting a real job. She encounters two men while in the village and doesn't know if she is ready to be in a relationship. Lindy falls into the teen mum, with her ex husband off in another country she meets her first crush (who also happens to be her ex's older brother) and she is worried if the relationship is alright while juggling with two children. And lastly Rachel, coming out of a divorce, living very happily in her new renovated home and meeting the biggest flirt of the entire village, she tackles with resisting the irresistible flirt while supporting the girls with their wedding planning business.


Girl of Myth and Legend by Giselle Simlett 

Goodreads Star Rating: 5/5

I have already written a book review a couple of days ago which you can see it here.


Fallout (Lois Lane #1) by Gwenda Bond

Goodread Star Rating: 4/5

I found a book review over on Reality's A Bore for this book and immediately ordered the book on Amazon.

I really liked this book. I loved how Bond was staying true to the character because I kept thinking to myself "This is Lois. This is totally Lois" I loved how she introduced Clark (SmallvilleGuy, he still lives in Kansas), the personalities for both characters are perfect. The premise of the story was like a mix between Veronica Mars and Nancy Drew. I liked how Lois was headstrong on the article and determined to not let go, her disagreements with her Dad was interesting to see. I loved the supporting characters at the Daily Scoop, it was a good book.

Graphic Novels


Zatanna Zatara Shades of Magic Vol 2

Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

Black Canary and Zatanna Zatara Bloodspell

Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

Justice League Dark Vol 2 The Books Of Magic

Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

Hope you had a lovely day

See you soon

XX

Comments

Popular Posts