I am so emotional over Me Before You (My Emotional Hangover)


So recently I finished reading Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I had no interest in this book when I first heard about it. I thought that the book wouldn't be interesting for me, until I saw the movie trailer starring Sam Claflin and Emilia Clarke. I love Emilia Clarke in Game of Thrones, very much looking forward to the tv series coming back. And I had seen Sam Claflin in Love Rosie and Snow White and the Huntsman, and I was looking forward to watching the film.



Now after reading the book, I am not sure if I want to see the movie. It's not because I think the movie won't live up to the book, I feel that the movie will be great with a great cast that is part of it. But I know that I will walk out of that movie and cry my fucking eyeballs out and will continue to cry for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I hate reading books that have sad endings because you are so invested with this character and you grow to love them and wished that you were with them, only for the author to snatch him away and you will end up in the middle of the street just crying your eyes out (not a pretty picture).

Shortly after finishing the book, the second trailer for the film was released and hearing the words said out loud from the book made me cry, I physically cried. I was too emotional after finishing the book.

I do want to see the film, but I might wait until the DVD is released and watch it in my own room so that no one gets to see me cry.

I guess you would call this post as a book review but I just want to call it my emotional hangover. I am considering purchasing the second book, when it's released in paperback.

“All I can say is that you make me... you make me into someone I couldn't even imagine. You make me happy, even when you're awful. I would rather be with you - even the you that you seem to think is diminished - than with anyone else in the world.” 

Hope you are having a good day

xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)

Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford.