Book Wrap Up (No. 11)

I would never read a book if it were possible for me to talk half an hour with the man who wrote it. –Woodrow Wilson
I haven't read a lot of books in the last couple of weeks, mostly it is because I am not rushing. I set my Goodreads reading challenge goal to 80 books, I knew personally I would never be able to read 100 book or more for a year because it's a little exhausting. So I am keeping to a pace of reading one night and not the next day, that way I get to spend time doing other things. 




I discovered Cameron Jace in around October last year and I was intrigued with the concept of darker fairy tales. This book follows a seventeen year old vampire hunter named Loki, he has been hired to kill Snow White, as in the original Snow White in the fairytale. I gave this book 5 stars on Goodreads because Cameron's writing is incredible, I like the pace of the story, the steps to reveal each clue and twist. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I highly recommend you read one of his books. I am currently reading Insanity by Cameron and it's a twisted take on Alice in Wonderland, I am loving it soo much. 

2. A Thousand Nights by E. K. Johnston


Firstly, I prefer the US cover over the UK cover. Secondly, I didn't enjoy the books as much as I had hoped. It wasn't liking this different take on the original tale. I gave it a 3 out of 5 stars on Goodreads.

3. Deep Water by Lu Hersey


It was a very interesting story for me, I thought the pace was quite slow, especially during the middle part. It was strange about the religious/cult group, it would have been interesting to understand a bit more about them and why. It was an OK book for me.



This book was interesting but I have mixed feelings about the book. Seemed very cliched and obvious, I even anticipated what was going to happen. (Note this is the breaking point for me, when I realize that I need to look explore other types of books than focus on YA)

5. The Girl At Midnight by Melissa Grey


I got this book from my Dad at Christmas. I really liked this book, I have even thought about getting a tattoo of the feather (somewhere on me) on the front cover, because it's so pretty. I love the journey to discovering the firebird and I like the Avicon and the Drakharin, I like how they are described as one side is feather and the other is scales. I can understand people are comparing it to Daughter Of Smoke and Bone but I believe the story would go in a different direction. I am excited for this series.



To be honest, I wished I had read this book when I was younger. I did enjoy the book but I was expecting something more. 



I have been in a fairy retelling reading mood and Cruel Beauty was one of the books that I was very interested in. I really liked this book. I gave it 5 out of 5 stars on Goodreads. Nyx is a really interesting character, she is very bitter towards her opinions towards her family and when she is with the Gentle Lord, she is sparks up sass and is brutally honest towards him in her attempt to kill him. I love how she falls in love with him, it's not because she is being kind or caring, it's through his and hers honesty that makes them perfect to be together. 

So that concludes my wrap-up, I'll hope it wasn't too long for you.

I was very reluctant to write this one, not sure why but I finally manage to write one up.

Hope you had a nice day and I write soon xx

Comments

  1. I agree with you about Peter Pan. It's a lovely story and it helps if you have a beautiful, illustrated edition to be honest. There are some books that just need pictures to help the story, and Peter Pan is one of them. I think it's obvious sometimes that it started its life as a play.

    Saoirse Sterling at XLeptodactylous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. I wished I got the illustrated version xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Time To Open New Doors + Book Haul

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)