Favourite Books Of 2015


The year had come to an end. One door closes, another one opens (More like; one book closes, another one takes it's place)

My year of reading as been amazing, It is unbelieveable how many books that I have read this year. I took part in the Goodreads Reading challenge and overpassed my reading target. Any way, so here is my favourite books of 2015.

15. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige

I read this book at the VERY BEGINNING of the year. I really loved the concept of the "What happened to..." type of books. This book is set years after The Wizard of Oz, where Dorothy from Kansas wanted to go home and met a Lion, Tinman and Scarecrow. But Paige gave a bit of a twist in the tale and made the characters that we know quite well and make them darker. I loved use of magic in this book and how everything that you know about the original tale is twisted to love the Witches.

14. The Winner's Curse 1-2 by Marie Rutkoski 

I think I saw this book on thebookbasement's Youtube channel and after watching the video, I got so persuaded and got the book. I really enjoyed this book including the sequel, I love the forbidden love it kind of reminds me a little of Romeo and Juliet thinking about it now, been anticipating for The Winner's Kiss since I finished The Winner's Crime.

13. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

This was another book that I had read at the beginning of the year. At the beginning of the year, I was very intrigued with new books and Fangirl was a very popular book that I had seen on Youtube. Such a good book about one girl opening herself to new people and making new friends. I have been meaning to get Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, but maybe I'll get the chance to get it next year.

12. Veronica Mars by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham

I am a marshmallow. Last year for Christmas, I got the entire series of Veronica Mars and The Movie on DVD, The Thousand Dollar Tan Line was the first book that I had started in my Goodreads Reading Challenge. It took me a while to finish the book but I felt that Mr Kiss and Tell was when I got into a lot more. 

11. Snow White Sorrow by Cameron Jace

This is a recent finish but it is so brilliant that it deserves to be mentioned in this list. It's about a teenage boy who took no interest in children's stories but is hired to kill Snow White, as in the original Snow White. This book is so articularly played around with Fairy tales and nursery rhymes to make it more interesting and also including a few other classic novels. I highly recommend you get this book for yourself, it's dark and twisted but a good dark and twisted. 

10. The Girl In The Spider's Web by David Lagercrantz 

I have been highly anticipating for this book in nearly forever. I had read the Millenium trilogy year ago and it is still considered to be my favourite book series. This book fits perfectly into the series and I am looking for the continuation.

9. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

I love this series. I read Cinder at the beginning of the year and then followed my love of the series. This series was complete by this year when the big chocker of Winter. A great conclusion to a brilliant series. I looking forward to Marissa's new work next year.

8. A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J. Maas

This is such an interested concept of a YA Fantasy. I love Beauty and the Beast when I was younger and I love the theme of the tale. One of the reasons why I really loved this book was having the same, slightly changed tale into involving fairies which I have not read any interpretation before. Very looking forward to the next book in the series. 

7. Breath of Frost by Alyxandra Harvey

I got this book around this time last year and after refusing to pick it up, I gave up pushing it away and read it. Sooo goood. Only three words that best describes this book. Magic. 1800's. Love. I highly recommend it.

6. The Year of the Rat by Clare Furniss

I enjoyed the concept of family and loss in this book. A girl handling with the death of her Mum and not accepting to new changes. 

5. The Raven Boys 1-3 by Maggie Stiefvater

I had not taken an interest in Stiefvater before but I had watched a book review of The Raven Boys and I was intrigued with the series, I pretty much marathoned the series and I am waiting for my copy of The Raven King next year.

4. Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor

I had heard the series was very good through booktubers and I saw the book in Waterstones and nabbed my copy. Love this series so much.

3. Throne of Glass 1-4 (and The Assassin's Blade) series by Sarah J. Maas

A brilliant series. Started at the very beginning of the year and loved the 1st and 2nd. By the time I had read the 3rd book, I had sort of entered into my first reading slump of the year. But it picked up when I read Queen of Shadows and The Assassin's Blade. Looking forward to how the series continues.

2. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

The book totally surprised me. Personally I took no interest in the book but once I got the book on Audible, I immediately purchased in paperback. I loved this book and couldn't put the book down. 

1. All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

A book that totally surprised me. I had seen the book on Youtube and the cover peeked my interest. After reading the book, I mourned and cried for about three hours. It's beautifully written, the characters are loveable and heartbreaking but it filled with sadness and pain. So good.


I hope you manage to read until the end. I had read so many books and I am looking forward to read more in the new year.

Hope you had a lovely Christmas Day and Happy New Year

P.S. I got to see Star Wars recently and OMG I loved it. Highly recommend you go see it.

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12866539/?claim=hum7nfvc9q5">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)

Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford.