Book Wrap-Up (No.10)

Since my previous Wrap-up I wasn't reading a lot of books as I had hoped, the books on my TBR pile weren't interesting for me and at the end of November (more specifically pay-day) I purchased new reading material.

Some of these books have been re-reads and some have been ones I have been meaning to read.


Oh My Goodness. Such a brilliant book. I have already made a full book review last month. If you are interested in my thoughts of the book the link to the page is here.


Continuing on with the Katie Fforde binge-reading. This was one of the book that I have not read from Fforde. I got the book some time this year and have been meaning to pick it up. I liked the concept of Antiques in this book and I really liked Flora. She is a very strong-minded character, she is determined to succeed much to the dismay of her cousin and his fiancée. 


This book had a similar aspect to the previous one. It was about antiques but it was more to keep business continuing and prevent it from being shut down. It was interesting to see Gina and her sister take on the challenge room their late aunt but I enjoyed seeing Gina feeling very determined to succeed in her aunt's wish. 


I had a lot of high hopes for this book. I had not read any of Richelle Meads previous work before but I was very intrigue with this one. I liked the concept of the story but it took a while for me to finish it.


This is the latest release by Fforde and I am actually catched up with all of her published books. I read this book in about a day and I really enjoyed it. Bella moved on from her long time crush on her boss and three years after with a new man in her life, and that man is a complete crazy person. You'll understand when you read the book.


I was highly anticipating this book. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I gave this book 5/5 stars on Goodreads. I am very happy to have finished this series. Roth will forever be my favourite demon bad boy.


I started this book on Audible and ended up getting the physical copy. Once I got the book, I flew through the book. I loved interlace of fairy tales in this book, I could pick out about three stories for a few of the characters and I always like looking for those Easter Eggs. I really enjoyed this book and I am looking forward to the rest of the series.


Some time last year I read The DUFF and loved it. I read the book quite quickly and really enjoyed it. The battle of the sexes was a very interesting aspect to this book but it felt that it was about temptation towards the other sex. I understood the girls goal to stop the rivalry between the soccer and football teams but to choose to not sleeping with their boyfriends was a bit risky. Although this book does remind me of the movie, John Tucker Must Die. 


I swear to you that this is the final Fforde book you will see in this Wrap-Up. This was a re-read for me. I had forgotten what happens in this book but it was nice to read it again and be reminded of what happened. Thea is very determined and stubborn character, but also it made me think of wanting to get a dog when I have my own home. It was nice to read this book again.


This book has been lying around in my room for years and I wasn't much interested in this book and now I know why. This is the second book in the series. I had read the first one two years ago, I think and I enjoyed that book. I had first gotten into it because of the TV series that is based off the books, but as like the second season of the series this book was not that great. I was mostly interested in one of the characters in the book and the rest just didn't peak my interest.

This concludes my Wrap-Up.

Work has been very exhausting due to the preparation of SALE. This week  I have been waking up really early to start work at 7am and tomorrow I have to be at work for 6am. I think my enthusiasm for Christmas has disappeared due to working in a Retail store. I might sound like a Grinch but if you have ever worked in a Retail store, you'll probably understand.

Hope you have done all your Christmas shopping

Merry Christmas xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Time To Open New Doors + Book Haul

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)