Winter by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles Series) Book Review



Winter by Marissa Meyer
Published: Puffin
Release Date: November 2015








Goodreads Synopsis:
Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.
Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won't approve of her feelings for her childhood friend-the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn't as week as Levana believes her to be and she's been undermining her stepmother's wishes for years.Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that's been raging far too long. 
Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters?


My thoughts:

I am going to section this review through each of the characters of the series, since it is such a big book I want to give my own opinions of the journey to the end of these characters.


Starting with Cinder. I felt that she has grown a lot since the first book. Her plan to start a revolution and with the help of her friends was brilliant. I actually enjoyed her moments against Queen Levana, everytime she was up against her Aunt, she was acting like a Queen. Even when Levana tried to send a message out to the people of Luna using Kai, it shows that Cinder knows that he was being controlled. In their final fight, Cinder never backed down and was determined to claim what was rightfully hers. I also loved Cinder and Kai, it felt like forever until they were reunited at the last book. Their relationship is so sweet and I missed them together. 


Now Scarlet, I didn't see much development of her. She was more of a helping hand towards Winter in their escape and she was always separated with Wolf. I liked them two, their relationship is sweet and protective. But it didn't feel that she did do anything, it felt more to the hands of the rest of the team and she had to babysit Winter.


I loved Cress's character development. I think I liked her storyline more than the others. Thorne and Cress relationship continues to the end of Cress, we know as an audience that Cress loves Thorne and there is a cute scene between Thorne and Kai talking about after defeating Queen Levana and Cress is mentioned, and even though Thorne denies his feelings about Cress, you can tell through the rest of this book that he is very protective towards her. I felt that Cress grew out of her shell a lot more and was willing to anything for her friends. Her relationship with Thorne is so adorable and I loved their growing love for one another. 

And finally onto Winter. She was such an interesting character, she is slightly crazy but for a good cause(you will have to find out why). At some parts, she remind me of Disney's Snow White which of course they are both the same character. I liked the fact that Jacin was willing to do anything to protect his childhood friend and showing his honest feelings towards Winter.

Marissa Meyer is such an amazing writer. I love how Meyer intertwines to the original tales into this series. The writing was compelling, I was instantly hooked from start to end. I loved the character building in the whole series. I would give this series an A+. Meyer is a brilliant author and I am looking forward to her new series Heartless, which is a retelling of the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland and a trilogy set to release next year about superheroes and supervillians, which sounds amazing.


I hope you enjoyed this book review, I started reading this series at the beginning of the year and I am very happy that it's complete. It such a great series and I highly recommend it. 

Hope you are having a nice day.

See you soon xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)

Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford.