The Year Of The Rat By Clare Furniss-Book Review


The Year of the Rat by Clare Furniss


To Pearl, there's nothing sweet about her premature half-sister, Rose. It was Rose that caused her mother's death and Rose that turned her world upside down.

To Pearl, Rose is The Rat.

My Thoughts:

This book was written beautiful filled with life struggles and also loss. This book is set for the first year of the death of her Mum. Pearl feels like a stranger with the new addition to the family as well as the departure of her mum. With the bay around, she wants nothing to do with it. She blames her little sister for her mothers death and continues to think like that for the whole book. I couldn't put this book down and at times I just couldn't stop my emotions. 

Living with her non-biological dad made her blame him for his desire for a child. And with the arrival of her Grandmother, who her Mum doesn't particularly like makes it a little hard for her, later on in the book she becomes curious about her biological father James. And when she finally meets him, she understands what her Dad feels about her. This was really about Pearl understanding more about her mother and accepting her death.

I really enjoyed this book, some of the times I didn't get that chance to pick it up but I am very happy that I did. This book is more about family coming together and staying together. You all should get this book, absolutely a great book.

Links to the Goodreads page is at the top. 

Hope you enjoyed this book review. 

xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)

Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford.