July Wrap-Up 2015


Sadly I manage to read three books this month.

Plus I had my last day of work and it felt a little weird that I won't be there until September. :(

This month I didn't read as much as I had hoped at the beginning and I am blaming a certain book which I will explain a bit more. 

Book One: Daughter Of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.


Goodreads Star Rating:5/5

I had seen the book around Youtube but I never took much notice but I did admire the US book cover, it has a women with a vibrant blue feathered mask. But OMG I loved this book, I am literally kicking myself as to why I didn't pick the book up before. The book centers on Karou who lives as an art student in Prague and an errand- girl for a creature who has taken care of her.

I didn't want to let go of this book, it captivated me from every single page. It was filled with magic and mystery with a hint of romance. The romance was not the important factor, it became a supporting role in this book which was a little different. I love the world building, it just made me want to read all of it in one sitting.

Book Two: The Year of the Rat by Clare Furniss


I have already written a full book review, the link to the page is here.

Final book: Phantom by Jo Nesbo


Goodreads Star Rating: 3/5

This book took FOREVER for me to read. I had started the book at the same time as The Year and the Rat. I didn't neglect the book but the story just wasn't interesting for me. Most times I wouldn't even pick up the book but I powered on and picked it up. 

Not my most favourite book by Nesbo, the storylines were a bit odd. Most of the first half of the book wasn't interesting and how Harry Hole wasn't a cop anymore made it a little difficult to see Harry work on a case by himself. The crime in the book really became an interesting factor.

Wasn't a great book but I will still continue on with the series.

And that concludes my wrap-up.

Hopefully when I am in Thailand, I will get the chance to read and keep you all up to date. I am planning to take 5 books with me (Three in suitcase and Two in carrier bag).

At the moment I am currently reading Poison Study by Maria V Snyder and I am enjoying it so far.

Speak to you soon xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Time To Open New Doors + Book Haul

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)