June Wrap-Up 2015


I didn't read as many books this month as I hoped. At the very beginning of the month I read two books in the first week and suddenly it went down hill.

I blame myself because I got distracted with a Korean game-variety show called Running Man. At the moment I am at ep 130 and I love it. 


So it is my fault for not reading anything. I have only read 5 books (slap on the wrist).


The Darkest Part Of The Forest by Holly Black. Goodreads Star Rating:4/5. I had seen this book floating around on Booktube and when I saw the book in Waterstones, I knew I had to buy the book and I am very glad I picked it up. I loved how it is a darker story of fairies and the people in the town have no other choice but to respect them and not get hurt. I also liked the inclusion of LGBT characters.


The Retribution Of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5. A final conclusion to the trilogy. I had read a few mixed reviews of this book but personally I enjoyed the book, the book felt more darker than the first two books but the ending may be the reason why some people didn't like it. It ended in a very confusing way which is understandable.


A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J. Maas. Goodreads Star Rating:4/5. A new book by Sarah J. Maas and I loved it. A Beauty and the Beast retelling which was one of the reasons I wanted to read it. I liked the magic in this book and the different types of powers you can have as a High Fae. Great book, worth reading (like NOW!). Also I already wrote a book review which you can click on here.



The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen. Goodreads Star Rating: 3/5. When I first started reading the book, I understood the problems Emeline dealt with, her distant biological father, her pestering and worrisome mother and a great guy from New York. Emeline deals with a lot of problems like her family and boys. My only problem with this book was Theo (you will know who he is if you read the book), he came on a bit too clingy with his relationship with Emeline and his ambition to work with the greatest painter in Colby really irked me. Not my favourite book by Sarah but I am glad to catch up on her books.


Recipe for Love by Katie Fforde. Goodreads Star Rating:2/5. I wasn't very fond with the book to begin with. I don't particularly read books where the MC is a chef because I find understanding the different words for food confuse me. The romance between the Zoey and Gideon was so quick, I wanted to see them to not like one another, but it seemed predictable (you'll understand if you have read the book).

And that concludes my June Wrap-up. My read process with go a little slower now as I am reaching towards my holiday to Thailand but also my BIRTHDAY. I will be 22 on 13th July. I am ready to take the next step into adulthood (yet I am already in Adulthood lol)

Hope you are having a lovely sunny day wherever you are xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)

Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford.