A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas




Feyre's survival rests upon her ability to hunt and kill - the forest is where she lives is a cold, bleak place in the long winter nights. So when she spots a deer in the forest being pursued by a wolf, she cannot resist fighting in for the flesh. But to do so, she must kill the predator and killing something so precious comes at a price.

Dragged to a magical kingdom for the murder of a faerie, Feyre discovers that her captor, his face obscured by a jewelled mask, is hiding far more that his piercing green eyes would suggest.Feyre's presence at the court is closely guarded, and as she begins to learn why, her feelings for him turn hostility to passion and the faerie lands become and even more dangerous place. Feyre must fight to break and ancient curse, or she will lose him forever.

After reading the first three books of the Throne of Glass series and hearing that Sarah was releasing a new book series, I was very excited. 

Based off the story of Beauty and the Beast, I have been anticipating to read a book much like the original tale. 

I have never picked up a book which had faries in, I don't usually read those types of books and I could never find one. But the whole world building over Faeries were very interesting and loved it.

Feyre is such an interesting character, her willingness to keep the promise she made on her mother's death bed to look after her father and sisters; even though one of them is unwilling for her help. I love how Sarah would create strong female leads - huntress or assassin- she creates such very different and fierce main character.

Tamlin is a very mysterious love interest, at first I thought he would not like having a human in his home but he embraced it. At times, I didn't particularly wanted to see his kindness until later on in the book. I really liked the darker side of him (oddly), it showed a little more of his powers which I liked how his powers are shapeshifting (Shapeshifting - Beast. You know what I am talking about). It was find of a reverse effect to what I was expecting. Much like in the disney film, the Beast didn't want Belle in his home at first but grew to love her.

Rhys is another love interest for Feyre but he wasn't introduced until later on in the book. He definitely has a darker side than Tamlin and he's very sneaky. Even though I love Tamlin and Feyre relationship more but I am intrigued about Rhys role in the series.

The first chapter alone hooked me in. Once the book progressed, it was at a very slow pace but as soon as you reach towards the middle part, it get a lot more darker(ish, since they are faeries).

This book is filled with love and action, it had the feel of the Hunger Games but with a twist of Game of Thrones. 

Overall a brilliant book, thoroughly enjoyed it. Everyone should start reading it.

Note: Before I leave, I have a confession. Since the beginning of the month I have been concentrating on my travel plans to Thailand. With that in mind, I am not planning to buy any more books until I have returned in September. At the moment, I am trying to diminish the amount of books I haven't read. I hope you guys understand. 

Hope everyone is enjoying their day. 

Bye! x

Comments

Popular Posts