May Wrap-Up


Hey Readers!

This month has been a great month for me to read.

At the beginning of the month, I (sort of) injured myself by exercising so I was able to get a couple of days off from work and spent a couple of hours of reading.

Now on with the Wrap-up:

By the end of April I had started reading Dreamland by Sarah Dessen. GoodReads Star Rating: 4/5. I was very surprised with this book. 
This was one of the books that I didn't get the chance to read before, I kept looking at places where I could get the book and finally I got the chance to purchase it. 
I was very surprised with this book, the first half was very sweet and romantic and suddenly, half way into the book you are completely shocked at when unfolds. This book was very unlike many of Dessen's other books.

Book 2A Breath Of Frost by Alyxandra Harvey. GoodReads Star Rating:4/5. I have already done a book review a couple of weeks ago, which you can see here.

Book 3. Wild Designs by Katie Fforde. GoodReads Star Rating: 4/5. This book was a re-read, I have been in a mood to read Katie Fforde again and this was one of the books that I picked out. I really enjoyed this book, Althea is such a lovely and caring mother but also very passionate towards her gardening. I really hate how members of her family undermine her, it sort of feels like a betrayal in some sort of way. But the only person, who has no sense of respect is Althea's ex-husband, he is very much of a coward and I hate him.

Book 4. Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout. GoodReads Star Rating: 4/5. I enjoyed reading this book. I read the book in almost a day and I am very proud of that achievement. Now, even though I enjoy Armentrout books, I wasn't connected to Alex as much as I wanted to. I know that their are similarities to The Vampire Academy series (Even though I have not read them) but I wasn't connecting to it. I don't have a problem with the book, there was nothing wrong, but I don't really feel interested into continuing on with the rest of the series. 

Book 5. Restoring Grace by Katie Fforde. GoodReads Star Rating: 3/5. This book was another re-read and it has been a very long time since I have read this book. I really liked the two female leads and their own stories, they both help each other out and their relationship was sweet. The love interest for the girls were also lovely and respectful. But my main anger goes towards the printers of the book mostly, I have had this book for nearly five years and I didn't notice until now, but there are missing pages. The total of pages for this book is 480 but my copy has only 470, so I am 10 pages short and it really annoys me that I didn't notice this until now.

Book 6. Homecoming (The 100) by Kass Morgan. GoodReads Star Rating: 3/5. At the end of last year I read the first two books in the series and I wasn't very into the book as much as I had hoped. But when I saw this book in Waterstones, I was very curious as to how the book ends. I think this book was a lot more interesting than the previous books and it was very difficult to contemplate with what happens in the book than the TV series.

Book 7. Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins. GoodReads Star Rating: 4/5. I read this book very quickly, I finished it in 5 hours and it surprised me that I enjoyed it. I could vaguely remember what happened in the first book as I had read it in January. I felt that this book much a filler type of book. The whole book was more of biding Anna and her friends time and to watch her heartbreak over Kai. 

Book 8. All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. GoodReads Star Rating 5/5. Oh boy, what words can I say about this book without spoiling it for you. This book was amazing, beautiful, heartbreaking and just 100% brilliant. I had seen this book on YouTube and was very interested but when I started reading it, I didn't know what I was getting into. Somehow it felt as if I knew them, Finch and Violet, and that I was there. I got so attached to this book, that I ended up crying for three hours (not because it was over, it was because of the simple message that was placed in). It didn't feel like a fictional story, it felt very real and to have an Author who experienced similar events that happen in the book made the book very honest. 

And those are all the books that I have read this month. It's a little more than I have done is a while.

Also what books have you been readin this month and what did you like?

Hope you are enjoy your day and I will see you soon.

BYE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)

Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford.