April Wrap-Up


Hey

I am back with another end of the month wrap-up.

I haven't been reading much, the rounded total of books that I have read this month is 5 (which I am not fussed about).


The Rose Revived by Katie Fforde. I have already done a book review of this recently and you can see it here.


The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. This is the second book in the Mara Dyer trilogy. Published in February 2013. Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

After finished The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer back in January, I was very curious as to how the series progressed and this book didn't disappoint me. I felt very upset for Mara because of her extensive watch on by her parents and it seemed that Mara was completely out of her mind at parts of the book. This book was like a horror mystery, you could never know who Mara should trust and knowing that her ex-boyfriend(back from the dead) is closely watching her. 

I have the third and final book in the series, but I am taking my time to pick it up. 


The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski. Published in March 2015. This is the second book in the Winner's trilogy. Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

I have been desperately been waiting for this book to be released and I couldn't wait to read it. It was a very slow paced at the very beginning but when Arin and Kestrel see each other again, my heart fluttered and I love them two. With the dark and dirty work of the inner workings at the Emperor's castle, it seems Kestrel tries very hard to not over step and still be helpful to Arin. 

I desperately want the third and final book. I would love to find out if Arin and Kestrel do reunite.


Angelfall by Susan EE. The first book in the Penryn and the End of Days series. Published May 2013. Goodreads Star Rating: 3/5

I picked up this book without knowing the premise of the story. I liked the idea of an Angel apocalypse but it wasn't very good, in my opinion. The story about Penryn and her search for her sister, was not very interesting, including Raffe (the angel). I enjoyed the hot and cold relationship between the two but the whole premise of an Angel apocalypse was not what I liked. And I am not interested in the rest of the series.


Lux Consequences by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This is the second bindup in the Lux Series (Opal and Origin). Published in June 2014. Goodreads Star Rating: 4/5

I am in love with this book series. Katy is a very loveable and feisty girl and Daemon Black is someone I want to keep to myself forever, even in his true form. 

I didn't particularly like Opal as much as I had hoped. I felt very slow and felt like a stab in the back for Katy. I liked how her relationship with Daemon blossoms, it was a lovely to see that. 

I breezed through Origin in a day. Separating Katy and Daemon at the end of Opal, was heartbreaking and what happened at the end of Origin was awful. I cannot wait to read the last book and hope everything goes well. 



And that is all for my April Wrap-up. I am going to try and read more next month, as my TBR pile is getting bigger and bigger.

 I hope you had a better reading month than me and I shall see you in another post soon.

Happy Reading xx

Comments

Popular Posts