Throne Of Glass by Sarah J Maas



Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. The first book in the Throne of Glass series. Published August 2012.

Celaena Sardothien, trained at 8 years old. She has become the most deadliest and known assassin that anyone has ever come across. Celaena is then caught and put into slavery. One year later, she is offered the opportunity to gain her freedom. She must under go a competition to become the King of Adarlan's assassin and she accepts. 

This book is amazing. I have seen this book hovering around book tube for a while and considered I would have a go at this book. Before I would never be interested in a type of book like this, I never considered a historical fantasy novel before. 

I fell in love with this book.

I love Celaena, she has a sharp tongue, very witty and just filled with mystery. At the very beginning of the book, she is very cold and kept herself very quiet towards her enemies but as she is progressed in the book she opens herself a little bit more. I like her relationship with Dorian and Chaol, and I also liked how she opens herself to them differently. 

When she is with Chaol, they both gain each others trust but understand each other as fighters. Celaena's personality surprises Chaol and he soon gains feeling towards her. When she is with Dorian, she opens to him in a more emotional way. They both talk about reading and they are more playful with one another. And their affection for one another is cute.

If you asked me to choose who I ship more, that will be very difficult.

When I think about Celaena's time while training with Arobynn Hamel, King of Assissins, and how she describes his type of training I can't stop imagining Ra's Al Ghul from the DC Comics.



If you don't know who he is. Basically he is the head of the League of Assassins in the DC World. I keep imagining her brutal training when she tells Chaol, there is a similarity to Sara Lance in Arrow being taught in the League.


I found out that Sarah J. Maas actually got inspired by Cinderella and looking back, I could see the certain elements from the original tale intertwine in the book and now I love it even more. 

I have also purchased the rest of the series (so far) and hopefully I will get a chance to read them.

If you have not read Throne of Glass, I highly recommend you buying the book and start reading this minute. 

I hope you like my review and get the chance to buy the book.

Happy Reading xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Time To Open New Doors + Book Haul

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)