An Extra January Wrap-up


Since my last January Wrap-up I have read an additional 6 books.

I didn't want to mix the remaining books of January with February's wrap-up.

So here goes.











The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. The first book in the Mara Dyer series. Published September 2011. I really liked reading this book. I really liked how Mara kept believing that she wasn't crazy but kept it a secret from her family. I thought the book was brilliant and I am looking forward for the next book. 

Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige. Published April 2014. I loved this book, I liked the re-telling of this known, iconic story. I liked the twist in the story, I liked the pace of the story and the character development. 

White Hot Kiss By Jennifer L. Armentrout. Published February 2014. I saw this book on thebooklife YouTube channel and since I like bad boys, I knew I would like this book and I did. I like the character development and I like Layla, she tries really hard to fit in only to get pushed out because of her other side. 

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. Published July 2014. I liked the concept of the story and I enjoyed the journey of the book and the character development. But I didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped it would. I liked Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell but I didn't like this book.

Cress by Marissa Meyer. The third book in the Lunar Chronicles series. Published February 2014. After reading Cinder and Scarlet (the first two books in the series) I knew that I would love it. A lot of people say that Cress is the best one yet and I agree. I love the introduction to Cress and her character development, I like her moments with Thorne and I like how she is discovering earth after spending years of her life stuck in a satellite. 

Fairest by Marissa Meyer. The prequel story about Queen Levana. Published January 2015. I thought this book was very interesting, compelling and very dark. It gave a bigger understanding of how Queen Levana became to how she is in the Series. 

And that is my extra January Wrap-up. 

I hope you get the chance to read any of the books listed above, maybe you will like it or maybe you don't. 

Happy reading. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)

Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford.