Everneath By Brodi Ashton


Everneath by Brodi Ashton. Published in August 2012.

This book follows Nikki Beckett. On the surface she was only gone for six months but to her it felt like a century. Nikki has returned from the Everneath knowing that she has only six months left on the surface before she is sent back. Nikki tries really hard to fit in back at school, knowing she doesn't have a lot of time left. Cole tries any sort of reason to make her understand where she belongs and who she belongs to. 

The Everneath is what you would describe as hell. This book is set from the Greek Myth about Persephone and how she spent six months with Hades in hell.

I loved this book, I couldn't put it down. This book was a fantastic book to read. It was the sort of book that I have been dying (not literally) to read. I am obsessed with Greek Mythology, I was always on the internet searching anything about Greek Mythology and I once even tried (attempt) to write a Teen Fiction book with Greek Mythology creatures.

I think I read this book in about two days (Technically 5 days but I kind of was busy for three of those days and didn't read the book) and I was so satisfied when I finished the book.

Nikki was a very interesting character and I liked how we got to see what she was like before she entered the Everneath and to the present day. I also took a liking to Cole (The Everliving Bad Boy), he seemed genuinely interested in Nikki and I liked his playfulness, his conversations between the two of them would have to be my most favorite moments in the book. Very funny and witty. 

The whole ship between Jack and Nikki wasn't giving me the right pull to want them to be together. At the beginning, it just made me feel that Nikki was not going to pursue anything with him but as you continue reading, their moments together are quite sweet. But to me I wasn't interested with them two, I really liked Nikki and Cole.

Both relationships are different, Cole tries to impress her (hurt her mostly) and uses his rock band charm to win her over but with Jack, you see this sweeter and more nicer relationship. I think I like Cole more because he is a bad boy and I like the bad boy charm, I just feel Nikki is going the safe way to her heart.

This book was so much fun to read and would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in Greek Mythology.

If there is a book that you would like me to recommend, comment below.

Thanks xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Time To Open New Doors + Book Haul

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)