Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa Meyer


Cinder by Marissa Meyer. Published January 2012. 

A mix between Science fiction and fairy tales. This book is about a half-human half-cyborg and a gifted mechanic called Cinder. She lives with her step-mother and two step-sisters in New Beijing. Her life is then intertwined to Prince Kai, she then discovers secrets about her past.

Liked:

This book is amazing. I could not put this book down. I have never read a style of book like this before and I loved how Marissa Meyer incorporated the most known fairy tales from your childhood and twist it into something that is amazing. 

I love Cinder, she is so lovable and understanding. She has always been told by her step-mother and step-sister that she is a cyborg and she has always believed it herself. But when she discovers that she isn't just a cyborg, she sees into a new life and her new identity. 



I like how Marissa Meyer included characters from the fairy tale and made them into similar characteristics into the book. Adri (Cinder's step mother) is the most vilest person ever, all she ever does is blame Cinder for everything that isn't her fault and I feel so angry towards Adri and feel so sad to Cinder. Prince Kai is very charming, he doesn't know everything about Cinder but obviously he is intrigued towards her.

Disliked:

I found it very difficult to understand this type of utopia style of book because I have never read a style like this before, so I didn't understand what a potscreen was(can someone tell me) and what a hover was. I am an adult who does not understand this and I hope I am not the only one. I was very confused with the terminology in this book but since I am currently reading Scarlet (second book in the Lunar Chronicles) maybe I will understand it a bit more.



Overall this book is fantastic. If you love futuristic novels or fairy tales then this book is perfect for you. I haven't got Cress yet and I cannot wait to read it. Hopefully I will get Winter this year.

Thanks

Comments

Popular Posts