Book Series That I Have Read And Won't Buy

So I was searching Book Tubers videos and I discovered a video called Series I Won't Finish. This is by the Youtuber ReadByZoe and it was a very interesting video. 

She basically explains that she purchased some books from a series and explains why she stopped buying them.

So I will be doing something else. Before I got a job, I always went to my school Library (OMG they still exist!!) and I borrowed lots and lots of books. The truth is, I borrowed these books due to browsing but I realized that after reading them in a series I didn't want to spent too much money on a book series that I would never read again.

I'll explain. So you buy a book and you read it, you found it really good and add that book into your book collection but the truth is you haven't picked up that book since you finished reading it. While your always going to be buy books, that one book that you read years and years ago is now collecting dust and tiny spiders (I once found a spider crawling on the side of the book). 

So I am writing this blog over the time when I borrowed books and explain why I won't purchase them.

The first book series is the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton. 



This book follows Anita Blake as a professional zombie raiser, vampire executioner and supernatural consultant for the police. his book series has 22 books (22 BOOKS!!! Holy Crap!!) I have only read 12 out of 22 and chose not to continue reading them. I never had a problem of the writing and the plot, I found it a very interesting book series but as I said, 22 books is a lot about one girl and not only that, her relationships with some of the male characters go a little too far. I have only reached up to Incubus Dreams and I think I got tired of reading them. (Just so you know. This book series NOT for young adults)

The second book series that I won't buy is the Lemony Snicket A Series of Unfortunate Events. This is a 13 book series. 



This book series follows Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire. At the very start of the book, the Baudelaire children were orphaned and sent to a family relative called Count Olaf. 
The Children discover that Count Olaf was intended to take the Baudelaire fortune by marrying the Violet. 
But He failed, so the Baudelaire children were sent to other relatives only to find Count Olaf trying anything possible to gain the fortune. 
This book series was so popular while I was at school and I loved this book series but the problem I had was the last book The End, when the narrator does not know about the known whereabouts if the Baudelaire children and end the book with me confused. I was in love with this book series and was disappointed with the final book.

The third book series is The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot. 


This is such an old book series, this is from the woman who had written the Princess Diaries series and the film which starred the amazing Anne Hathaway. It has been a really long time since I have read this book series. This follows Susannah "Suze" Simon, she is a mediator and 16 years old, she also has a 160 year old ghost haunting her bedroom. She was like a Buffy The Vampire Slayer but minus the vampires and more personal to ghosts. 
I liked this book series, I had a lot of fun reading this book series. Meg is a great writer and she captures a lot of mystery in this series.

These three books series are the only book series that I remember reading while growing up. While I did enjoy reading them, I know that I would not buy them knowing the story but also I am not too excited to start reading them as I did when I first turned the page.

I think the message I am telling is. No matter how the book is popular and how great the story captures your attention, the main thing you have to think of is. 

Do you want to read this book again? 
Do you want to buy this book knowing you will pick it up again and start over? 

If you want to see the video I was talking about you can find it here

I hope you really liked this post

Thanks :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Time To Open New Doors + Book Haul

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)